Winter has already left Kolkata and the spring is standing by the door waiting for us to welcome it. We are more than thrilled to welcome spring like every year with the festival of Holi. Holi means to awaken your inner child and play with colors to your heart’s content. But in the middle of we all the colors, we tend to forget about our hair. We forget that color can harm our hair and we need to take precautions to keep them safe. You just have to follow these simple tips and you will be all set for Holi.
- Oil your hair before you start playing Holi. Apply oil at least an hour before. The oil forms a protective layer on the hair which does not allow the color to sit on the hair or scalp. Oil also makes your hair smooth and soft.
- Cover your head with a scarf or bandana for extra protection.
- Do not keep your hair loose as it will get entangled and open hair will absorb more color. So, before you start playing Holi tie up your hair in a ponytail
- After the Holi is over, do not put shampoo. First, cleanse your hair with plain water to remove the colors as much as possible. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo then. Do not forget to condition your hair.
- Apply a hair mask to restore the lost sheen of your hair. Do it after a few days.